Family Visas

Family Visas

Whether the reason for your application is to join a family member (sister, brother, grandmother, grandfather, child, uncle or aunt), live with parents or care for a sick relative, a Family Visa can help those looking to migrate to Australia reunite with their loved ones.

However, it’s important to note that Australian citizens and permanent residents do not have an absolute right to bring any relative to live in Australia. All intended visa applicants, as well as their family members and the sponsor, must meet a range of legal requirements before a visa can be obtained. For these reasons, you must secure proper advice to ensure that the most appropriate and beneficial visa is applied for, before commencing the process of sponsoring family members. This is where Migrate2Australia can help. By taking your individual circumstances into consideration we can advise you to apply for a suitable visa.

These Include:

Parent Visa (Subclass 103)

Parent Visas are offered to applicants who have an eligible child or children residing in Australia, as an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. This category of Family Visa is mandatorily sponsored by children residing in this nation. Parent visas are issued for both working and aged parents. Applicants immigrating on this visa option might take up employment in Australia. Few Parent visas are initially offered for temporary settlement, which could be changed to a permanent visa subject to your application.

There is an option for ‘Contributory Parent Visa’, which assures faster processing of immigration though at a higher cost. It may be noted that every year a limited number of Parent Visas are issued by Australian immigration authorities. For this reason, there is a queue of application and you may have to wait for your turn.

Onshore Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 820) and Permanent visa (Subclass 801) or Offshore Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 309) and Permanent visa (Subclass 100)

Partners of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens are eligible to immigrate to Australia. The following are considered “partners” in Australian immigration law: Fiancé(e)s Married partners; and De facto partners including same-sex marriages.

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) – Fiancé visa

If you are engaged to an Australian citizen or permanent resident, then you may enter Australia on a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 130) and marry your intended. Persons engaged to eligible New Zealand citizens may also come to Australia on a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 130). If you enter the country on this fiancé visa named: Prospective Marriage visa subclass 300, then you must marry within nine months from date of entry and prior to lodging an onshore Partner visa subclass 820/801.

Child Visa (Subclass 101) and Onshore Child Visa (Subclass 802)

Like a Parent Visa, a Child Visa is also issued under several sub-classes. In general, the sponsorship of a child visa is necessary to be done by a parent who is permanently settled in Australia, a citizen of this country, or a qualified New Zealand citizen. If the child concerned is in Australia, he/ she could immigrate as a permanent resident, dependent child, or orphaned relative. In the event that the concerned child is an offshore secondary applicant, a dependent child visa, adoption visa, or orphaned relative visa may be sought.

Among other Family Visa options that we can help you consider are:

  • Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)
  • Adoption Visa (Subclass 102)
  • Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 117)
  • Onshore Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 837)
  • New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 461)
  • Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173) and Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)
  • Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884) and (Permanent)(Subclass 864)
  • Carer Visa Offshore (Subclass 116)
  • Carer Visa Onshore (Subclass 836)
  • Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 115)
  • Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 804)
  • Medical Treatment Visa (Subclass 602)
  • Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)
  • eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651)
  • Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

Whether your familiar relationships are relatively straightforward or somewhat more complex (in some instances previous marriages or previous sponsorships are an issue) Migrate2Australia can guide you through the Family Visa application and approval process.

Get In Touch

To find out how Migrate2Australia can assist you, contact us for a confidential discussion about your circumstances or for an obligation free quote on the application process.

Or Contact us Directly

Call Us: 0410 623 165

Send Us a Message