Skilled Visas

Skilled Visas

A number of key industries in Australia are currently experiencing serious shortages and gaps in professional personnel. The list is extensive, and literally covers a variety of jobs from A (Aeronautical Engineers) to Z (Zoologists)!

For this reason, a number of Skilled Visas have been made available to attract migrants who make a significant contribution to the Australian economy and fill positions where no Australian workers are available. All individuals who are qualified to work or train in an eligible skilled occupation in Australia, and can meet all other requirements, may be eligible for such skilled visas.

The most popular is a Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) – which allows invited workers and New Zealand citizens with requisite skills to work permanently anywhere in Australia. While you do not need a sponsor or nominator to be eligible, you must be invited to apply and must be under 45 to be invited.

As a permanent visa, the 189 grants holders permanent residency and also allows them to remain in Australia indefinitely.

Other forms of Skilled Work Visas that Migrate2Australia may help you consider, include:

Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (subclass 186)

This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)

This visa allows skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia.

Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)

This visa is for workers who have been nominated by an Australian territory or state government to live as a permanent resident in Australia. The process for a 190 visa is very complex with many regulations and requires professional assistance to ensure you don’t waste time or money on incomplete or ineligible applications.

Training Visa (Subclass 407)

This visa allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for your job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) Visa (subclass 494)

This visa enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.

Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476) -

This visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You must have completed a degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years, and be under 31 years of age.

Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485)

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia. It lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily.

Skilled Regional (provisional) Visa (subclass 489)

This visa allows holders to bring immediate family members. Also, if you are granted this visa, you might be able to apply for permanent residency in Australia. Contact us to make it happen for you.

Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887)

This visa is for people who have lived and worked in specified areas of regional Australia on a previous, eligible visa.

Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491)

A visa for skilled people nominated by a state or territory government to live and work in regional Australia.

With this visa, you can also

  • Study in Australia indefinitely
  • Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
  • Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
  • Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
  • If eligible, become an Australian citizen (For citizenship purposes, your permanent residence starts on the day the visa is granted (if you are in Australia) or you enter Australia on this visa (if you are outside Australia).

If you are a company that is looking to sponsor someone to work for you, or an applicant who will be sponsored by a company, Migrate2Australia is here to help.

From discovering whether your skillset qualifies to determining the right Skilled Immigration Visa category to apply for (as well as gathering documents, filling out paperwork, and submitting your application), Migrate2Australia’s experienced immigration experts can support you and simplify the process.

Get In Touch

To find out how Migrate2Australia can assist you, contact us for a confidential discussion about your circumstances or for an obligation free quote on the application process.

Or Contact us Directly

Call Us: 0410 623 165

Send Us a Message